Every penny counts and we really appreciate you supporting free@last. Sometimes deciding what your going to do can be the hardest part of raising money, we hope the below will help you.
A few things to think about….. Do you want to do one BIG event or challenge or something smaller? Are you going to do this alone or ask colleagues, friends or family to join in? Do you have an amount you would like to raise?
Some activities you make wish to consider are:-
Raising money at work
- “Swear Box “– Have a collection tin in the office when someone swears, is negative or even says a certain word a donation is made
- “Non uniform day” i.e Once a month casual clothes, Pyjamas or fancy dress can be worn by the team for a donation. You could also fine those who don’t get involved.
- Give up – Encourage the team to give up something for a week, month or forever i.e smoking, brought lunch or coffee, alcohol, chocolate etc nad either get people to sponsor them or donate the money saved.b
- Car boot/Jumble Sale – Having a good spring clean is always satisfying why not take things to the next level and take all the items you don’t want to a car boot then donate the takings
Raising money outside work
- Make a day of it – Organise a Golf day, Curry Night, Race night
- Let’s Dance – Organise a disco, tribute night, salsa class
- Sport Collections – Are you a member of a sports club golf, rugby, football etc Half time collections are great or nominate f@l as your charity of choice
- Birthday donations – Rather than receive presents for your next birthday why not ask family and friends to make a donation in your name.
We hope this has been helpful, if you decide to hold an event then please send all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put it on our website.